The outer bag is made from Ultra which is lightweight yet extremely abrasion resistant. The inner bag is an ultralight dry bag made from laminated ripstop polyester with Ultra reinforcement fibers. When rolled 3 times at each end the inner dry bag is waterproof. The front pouch on the outer bag provides easy access to snacks or other frequently used items. Foam spacers leave room to run cables and hoses between the bag and handlebars.
Why 2 bags? There are a few reasons:
- We prefer packing a separate dry bag off the bike and sliding the well-packed bag into a handlebar bag. This also allows you to quickly remove the contents of your handlebar bag and take them into your shelter without getting anything wet.
- A separate inner dry bag allows you to separate wet items from dry items. Dry gear can go inside the dry bag, and wet gear can live next to it inside the outer bag. We use this functionality if our tarp or bivy is wet and we need to put it away before drying it.
- Even with heavy duty bags, dry bags exposed to the trail can develop small holes that compromise waterproofness. With an outer protective layer and inner waterproof layer, your gear is more likely to stay dry.
*Dry bag not intended for submersion. Each end must be rolled at least 3 times for a waterproof seal.
Included with each handlebar bag:
- 2x 25″ Voile straps
- 2x 6″ Nano Voile straps
- 4x spacer blocks
- Paracord headtube attachment
- Weight: 10.7oz (300g) (includes both bags, Voile straps, spacers, and paracord)
- Volume: 9L
- Max width: 18″ (46cm)
- Diameter: 6.5″ (16.5cm)